I was quite frustrated with my entire day as I sat down to write this blog and then I remembered what day it was. I instantly felt like a fool because my little problems are really nothing when you think about what today means and why we make a point in taking a bit of time out of our day to remember those who sacrificed and serve for our country. If you have not already paused in your day to do so all I ask is that you take a minute to honor and remember the brave men and women who have fought and continue to fight so that we can enjoy the freedom that we have. Lest we forget!
Words hurt even if they are not true. Instead of lifting each other up and supporting one another, why is it easier to tear each other apart? If you do not like someone that is okay. It is not okay to say hurtful/hateful statements to that person. If you do, be prepared for backlash. Do not let someone disrespect you with lies and negative statements. Should you punch them in the face? Probably not, but I do respect those who have enough conviction to stand up for themselves in other ways. I realize that walking away is a statement, but so is letting that person know that what they said is false and untrue. If you have nothing nice to say then do not say anything at all should be adopted by more people, especially today's teenagers! Well done Veronica, I am proud of you!
Quote of the day: It's okay if you don't like. Not everyone has good taste.
I do not care if you like me or not, but at least be respectful! Unless someone does me wrong in some way I will try to show respect and have manners even if internally I want to practice my Judo and put you in a choke hold or an arm bar. (Stephen Magson)
I thought geese looked ridiculous hunched down in a field of snow but I have realized that the seagulls flying around my sons school last week in minus temperatures look even stupider!
Again, how hard is it to get out of your vehicle and push a button? There are 5 empty wash bays.......Come On Man!!
There really is such a thing as organized chaos. I have seen it in action, just ask my sister or observe her in action in the mornings/evenings.
There are more than three 90's songs that you can play on your radio station. Or at least play them at different times of the day.
Is this not a double negative? Disadvantages of not trusting? Seriously therapist??
Whoever thought that collecting teeth should be a thing? A tooth fairy........really?
Quote for the day: My doctor told me to watch my drinking so I'm off to find a bar with a mirror.
Today I have been married to my best friend for 4 years (together for 6 or is it 7??). It feels like an eternity!! Just kidding. I do not want to be sappy, but the day I met Stephen was probably the best thing that could have happened for me even though he drives me crazy at times! Here's to at least 4 more years Stephen! I have decided to share a few marriage quotes that relate to Stephen and I. Enjoy!
1. Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right and the other is the husband.
2. Math after marriage is simple. If you have $20 and your wife has $5, she has $25.
3. Listening to your wife is like reading the terms and conditions of a website. You understand nothing, but still say "I agree".
4. Marriage is not a noun, it's a verb. It isn't something you get, it's something you do. It's the way you love your partner everyday.
5. The most important words for a successful marriage: I'll do the dishes.
6. The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they're too old to do it.------Ann Bancroft
7. My most brilliant achievement was my ability to persuade my wife to marry me.-------Winston Churchill
8. Remember that creating a successful marriage is like farming; you have to start over again every morning.------H. Jackson Brown Jr.
9. Your wife is less likely to argue with you if you're cleaning.
10. The Best Marriage Advice: If you have to fight do it naked!
I had a hard time choosing a topic for this weeks blog so I have decided to air a few pet peeves from the last couple of weeks. Enjoy or don't, makes no difference to me!
1) Your neck moves side to side for a reason. Use it to shoulder check before pulling out in front of say a bus. Otherwise it will not end well for you in that Toyota Corolla.
2) Where do 10 year old boys put all of the food they consume within a short period of time? If I were to eat 2 sandwiches and 2 bowls of cereal all within a half-hour I would be rolling around on the ground with a stomach ache!
3) You know you are going to be sore from a massage the next day when the Massage Therapist is out of breath after finding a tight spot on your back/shoulders.
4) Don't hide things from me and then expect my trust.
5)How does one play video games and watch you-tube on their phone at the same time and still know what the hell is going on, but can't get dressed on their own?
6) Quit slamming the door!
7) How about knocking before entering my bedroom? Nobody wants to see that!
8) There is such a thing as spell-check.
9) Don't expect others to listen to what you are DEMANDING them to do until you can demonstrate it yourself!
10) People who rant about nothing..........Oh wait!!
Quote of the day: All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal, or fattening.------- Alexander Woollcott
An incident occurred yesterday that got me to thinking about how grateful I am for everything in my life, even when faced with a few hardships here and there. It is way too easy to get caught up in the day-day routine of life and take the people and luxuries I have surrounding me for granted. For example toilet paper. You do not realize how important toilet paper is in your life until you cannot find it on the the shelves in the stores or happen to sit down and do your business only to discover there is none!
As Thanksgiving weekend approaches, I challenge everyone to think of 3-4 things that they are grateful for.
Gratitude is the wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk.-----Rumi
As we were leaving the house the other morning, my daughter asked me what my life's motto was. The first thing that popped into my head was "Let er rip" (thanks Ronaye). As I thought about this some more I realized it was quite effective in summing up how I face most situations in life (not always). I will illustrate with examples:
Getting into an argument with Stephen---Let er rip buddy (if you are brave enough)
Driving my '81 GMC down the street-------Let er rip
Listening to feedback from my therapist------Let er rip lady
Hanging out with friends on a weekend------Let er rip
Facing a new situation-----why not just Let er rip
In the bedroom---------you get what I mean
As you can see, it is a very versatile motto. Other motto's I like include:
If you're going through hell, keep going. ----Winston Churchill
Throw me to the wolves and I'll return leading the pack.
Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.--Roy T. Bennett
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Live each day as if it were your last.
Be kind Be brave Know your worth Take no shit
Drinking is not a solution unless we are talking about alcohol.
1) Who throws a shoe?
2) If you are so cold you have to wrap yourself in a blanket to get out of your car and walk your kid to school, would it not be easier to just dress a bit warmer? Also, lose the sandals!
3) I am pretty sure my therapist is writing a book about me.
4) Scrambled eggs stuck in the frying pan have to be one of the worst things to clean.
5) Don't fry food while naked.
6) I do not mind pumpkin spice but who thought it would taste good in Kraft Dinner?
7) Dust never really disappears does it? At least not in my house.......
8) Does Tik Tok have a purpose?
9) I either like you or I don't. There is no in between.
10) Seriously, who throws a shoe?
Today I felt like I needed a good laugh so I went on Pinterest and found a bunch of funny quotes about life that I have decided to share. Those who know me well know I can be pretty sarcastic.......
Some of the quotes are funny (to me anyways) and a couple made me think about life in general. Enjoy!
1. Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon.....No matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
2. When I yell at my dog to stop barking I wonder if he's like 'This is awesome!! We are barking together!'
3. Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party?
4. If your mom doesn't have an old gift bag filled with other old gift bags, is she even a mom?
5. Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead.----- Hans Christian Anderson
6. Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions.--------Mark Twain
7. When life shuts a door......open it again. It's a door. That's how they work.
8. You never really realize how long a minute is until you're exercising.
9. Life is not a fairy tale. If you lose your shoe at midnight you're drunk.
10. Dear Teenagers, your mom may annoy you now, but there was a time you loved her so much, you begged to watch her poop. Remember that.
A lot has happened in the world and in my own little piece of the universe since I last wrote a blog. As with most happenings in life some has been good and some has been bad. I guess it is all how one chooses to view the events that occur that matters in the end.
A few of those good moments include my mom being cancer free and completed taking her cancer drugs. Yay mommy!! To commemorate such special news we had a party at the farm with family and friends. My grandma turned 90 this past December which is amazing!! My family got a puppy which was kind of a crazy idea as it was the same thing as adding a baby to the family. What the hell was I thinking? Around the same time that we got Kronk (puppy), we moved out of our 1/2 duplex into a brand new 5 bedroom house. I finally got more than 1 bathroom and no longer live next to a drug dealer (as far as I know). It is the small things that make me happy!
On the downside this Covid plague has wreaked havoc on everyone's lives. I never ever thought this type of event would happen within my lifetime. Who knew people's lives would become so preoccupied with whether or not they have to wear a mask when entering a public space? I certainly have got better things to worry about such as keeping my family fed with a roof over their heads!
Speaking of roofs, apparently my sister and her kids are moving in with me in 2 months time for a short while. Should be interesting with all of the differing personalities in one space and that is just the kids I am referring to. As Dr Jody Carrington always says, "We are all wired to do hard things."